Wednesday, June 29, 2005

What is RSS?

RSS or Real Simple Syndication is a format used for syndicating news and content of news-like sites like yahoo, wired.com, blogs, etc. RSS has evolved and is currently used for any kind of information that can be broken down with a common data pattern. Using RSS, we can now monitor news, blogs, job listings, personals, and classifieds. Many sites and blogs offer feeds, which you can identify by a small button that says either RSS or XML. However, if you click one of these links, you will most likely get a page full of code in your browser. To properly read this feed, you will need an RSS reader or aggregator. Click here to get an RSS reader. To learn more about RSS, click on the links below

Webreference

Wikipedia

RSS Reader

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Thanks for explaining this! I've always been confused about what RSS really meant but now I think I finally get it...

Wednesday, June 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh. ;)

Wednesday, June 29, 2005  
Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

You are welcome nicole.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I'm sorry, Ajay. I'm still confused. How is this important to us? How can we use it? Is it something you'd recommend we all get?

Monday, July 04, 2005  
Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

Hi Saurkraut,
I strongly recommend that you should have RSS feed on your website. Go to http://www.feedburner.com/ and it will walk you through the steps to add the feed to your website. This is a feature most of blog surfers look for as it makes it easy to read many blogs in a short time. Let me know if you have any trouble and I can help you set it up on your website.
Ajay

Monday, July 04, 2005  
Blogger Anon said...

Hi ajay;
thanx for ure kind comment at my blog.......i also happen to be an engineer here in india, i think u're blogs....both of them....are extremely useful and interesting.Whats even more interesting is your connection with canada.I've most of my friends and some of my family at toronto canada.Keep up ure good work.I'd next like to know abt biometric security.

Sunday, August 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home